PRC adoption fees help us cover your parrot’s avian veterinarian intake exam, food expenses as well as our education and welfare program costs. However, these adoption fees do not cover our total costs, we rely on donations from kind and supportive donors to maintain our overall mandate of education and welfare.
Cage not included:
- Budgie $25.00 and up
- Cockatiel, Lovebird $40.00 and up
- Parrotlet $50 and up
- Conure, Quaker, Senegal $150 and up
Cage included when available
- Goffin Cockatoo $400 and up
- African Grey $500 and up
- Amazon, Caique, Eclectus, Umbrella Cockatoo, Sulphur Crested Cockatoo $600 and up
- Macaw, Moluccan Cockatoo $700 and up
Minimum cage standards as recommended by Parrot Resource Centre
- Budgie, Cockatiel, Lovebird, Quaker, Lory 27 w X 24 d
- Ringneck, Conure, Pionus, Meyers, Senegal 32 w X 23 d
- Cape, Jardine, African Grey, Amazon, Caique, Hawkhead, Eclectus, Goffin Cockatoo Bare-Eyed Cockatoo, Lesser or Medium Sulphur Cockatoo, Citron Cockatoo 36 w X 28 d
- Umbrella Cockatoo, Greater Sulphur Cockatoo, Triton Cockatoo, Rose-Breasted Cockatoo, Moluccan Cockatoo, Military Macaw, Scarlet Macaw, Blue and Gold Macaw 40 w X 30 d
- Greenwing or Hyacinth Macaw 48 w X 36 d
PRC recommends these as the absolute minimum cage size for one parrot, whenever possible the cage should be a large as possible, with ample room for wing extension and movement.
About our fees:
PRC adoption fees are standardized to help us cover our education and welfare program costs, additionally the fees help us cover your parrot’s avian veterinarian wellness exam and testing.
Like any other non-profit organization, we certainly could not perform these services without adequate funds.
However, these adoption fees do not cover our total costs. Our volunteers donate generously to the care of foster birds in their homes, with love, food, toys, perches and cages, when needed.
We rely on donations from kind donors to sustain our overall mandate of education and welfare. Please consider donating here.