The Parrot Resource Centre (PRC) was founded as an educational parrot resource for individuals experiencing challenges with their parrot/s, as well as those considering adding a parrot to their life or facing rehoming of their parrot/s.
PRC is a registered, non-profit, all-volunteer Society governed by an “at arms length” board of directors. The finances are independently audited by a certified general accountant annually. PRC was incorporated in Alberta on June 26, 2012.
- Corporate access number: 5016865411
- Federal business number: 821095643RC0001
PRC does not support breeding or sale of parrots, we advocate ADOPTION.
PRC is able to access and share resources, including but not limited to:
- The experiences of individuals who successfully keep parrots in their homes
- Graduates of Living and Learning With Parrots for Caregivers (Susan Friedman – www.behaviorworks.org)
- Avian Veterinarians
- Rescue and sanctuary organizations
- Resource books, magazines and groups
- Trusted suppliers of safe parrot products
To improve the lives of companion parrots
Education | Welfare